Artists are invited to submit entries online or via post for pre-selection for the 23rd Annual Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi exhibition. Staged along the coastal walk from Bondi to Tamarama in Sydney, Australia from 24 October – 10 November, 2019.
Before beginning your application please read our Terms and Conditions
To apply online
To begin your online application, please click here.
The deadline for online applications is midnight, Monday 22 April
To apply via post
Download a copy of the Bondi 2019 application form.
Please send all hard copy applications to PO Box 300, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010. Applications must be postmarked before 5pm, Thursday 18 April
Awards and subsidies for Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2019 include:
- The Aqualand Sculpture Award of $70,000
- Each artist’s costs are underwritten up to $2,000 and all reasonable installation equipment is provided at no cost
- Three Helen Lempriere Scholarships of $30,000 each open to Australian artists
- Four subsidies of $5,000 – $10,000 for new and innovative artworks funded by the Australia Council for the Arts
- Two Clitheroe Foundation Mentorships of $15,000 for young emerging Australian artists
- $10,000 for an Israeli artist to exhibit
- $10,000 for a Danish artist to exhibit
- The Wallace Foundation New Zealand Sculptor Award for a New Zealand artist increased to NZ $8,000
- Dick Bett Memorial Invitation for a Tasmanian artist of $5,000
If you have any questions regarding the enclosed information please contact Zoe Kazic, Exhibition Coordinator on +(61 2) 8399 0233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your submission for Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2019.
The Sculpture by the Sea Team