Note to all guests traveling to Iceland: we advise you to look at the current Travel to and within Iceland regulations, before booking SIM Guesthouse.
- Guests are not allowed to stay at SIM Guesthouse for a 5-6 day quarantine.
- Guests are welcome to book SIM Guesthouse after completing a 5-6 day quarantine at the government’s organized quarantine facilities or if guests can apply for exemptions upon arrival.
The SIM guesthouse are situated in the SÍM House, SÍM office – Hafnarstræti 16, 101 Reykjavík.
There are four bedrooms available, a shared fully equipped kitchen, living room, and bathroom.
SÍM Guesthouse operates only for artists, curators, cultural writers, researchers, cultural representatives, and their family members. Bookings can be applied from one night stay up to two weeks. The central location allows for all guests to enjoy Reykjavik center within walking distances.
– one night stay for one guest – 80,00 EUR
– more than one night stay for one guest per night – 55,00 EUR
– one night stay for two guests – 100,00 EUR
– more than one night stay for two guests per night – 80,00 EUR
– Included in the fee are: free wifi in all rooms and common areas; a set of towels, beddings; all communal utensils and equipment in the kitchen; cleaning, washing detergents, cleaning equipment; iron; washing machine; blow-drier; the communal cost of electricity, heating, cold/hot water.
– Not included in the fee are: housekeeping, parking, food, insurance, travel expenses, travel costs, other living costs.
Smoking is not allowed indoors. Guests are required to clean the apartment and have it ready for other guests before they leave.
To book a guest room contact the office by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (+354) 551-1346
No formal application needed.
Is there a minimum/maximum time for staying at the SIM guesthouse?
The rooms are rented from 1 night up to two weeks.
When is check in/out?
– Check-in is at 12:00 noon and check-out at 11.00 AM.
– Early check-in or late check-out can be arranged with the management.
Payment/how do I pay?
– The fee must be paid via bank transfer the latest two weeks prior to arrival. If the requested stay is shorter than two weeks till arrival, then the fee must be paid as soon as possible to secure the booking.
– Reserved period of stay is not confirmed until fee payment has not been transferred. If fee transfer procedures are not completed by the guest two weeks prior to arrival, the reserved period would be canceled automatically without notification.
– The guesthouse fee is intended to cover the general cost of running the guesthouse. It does not constitute rent, and the guest, therefore, does not obtain the legal status of the tenant.
– detailed arrival information will be sent to the guest after SÍM receives the fee.- The Residency fee includes: wifi in guesthouse; a set of towels and bedding; all communal utensils and equipment in the kitchen; cleaning equipment and supplies; iron and ironing board; washing machine; blow dryer; the cost of electricity, heating, cold/hot water.
– Not included in the guesthouse fee: housekeeping, parking, food, insurance, travel expenses, travel costs, other living costs.
Who can stay at the SIM guesthouse?
The SIM guesthouse provides accommodation for artists, curators and other individuals working within the art field.
Parking/is there parking close to the SIM house?
We do not have many parking spots available close to the guesthouse and the few ones that are available cost. We recommend an indoor parking space close to the Harpa music hall or to try to find parking a bit further away from the guesthouse.
– SÍM doesn`t require guests to pay an actual safety deposit.
– However, for the loss of keys, 35,00 EUR and a cleaning fee of 80,00 EUR could be charged. SÍM keeps a right to apply extra charges for the artist if he/she or his/hers guest/visitor violates SÍM Guesthouse rules or damages property, the households, equipment. Charges will be applied accordingly for the cost of possible repairs or any services needed.
– If canceled 1 week prior to the scheduled arrival date, 50% of the guest fee is refunded.
– If canceled 24 hours prior to the scheduled arrival date, none of the guest fee is refunded.
– refunded amount always in ISK, from the exact day that fee was received by the SÍM. Bank transfer cost will be charged from refunded amount.
sthouse rules or damages property, the households, equipment. Charges will be applied accordingly for the cost of possible repairs or any services needed.
Do I need to bring bed linen?
SIM provides guests with bed linen and towels as well as offering a washing machine for guests to use.
Safety and security?
– Upon arrival guest receives individual set of keys. Keys are from the main doors to enter the gates, the main guesthouse entrance, and from his/her´s room.
– It stays under guest`s personal responsibility to look after his/her belongings by keeping room locked at all the time.
– SÍM do not take responsibility for any of individual artist´s belongings in case of theft, fire, water flood, or other accidents.
– In extreme emergency situations, guest has to call for a emergency phone call 112 and seek for help. In other cases, if the matter is not urgent and life-threatening, first contact SÍM management.
– SÍM Guesthouse has legal licenses from Iceland´s fire department by requiring safety regulations with installed fire, and smoke detectors in each room and communal areas, including first aid help, quit.
How many rooms are there in the SIM guesthouse?
The guesthouse has four rooms each accommodating two persons. The rooms can also be rented for one person.
Does the SIM guesthouse offer any kind of working space?
We have a space on the top floor of the guesthouse with a working tables that our guests are welcome to use.
Is it allowed to have children at the SIM guesthouse?
It is not allowed to bring children under 12 years to stay at the SIM guesthouse.
Is there some sort of kitchen facility at the SIM guesthouse?
The guesthouse has a fully equipped kitchen that guests are welcome to use. All guests are responsible for keeping the kitchen tidy and to deliver in a clean condition for the next guests arriving after them.