We are glad to announce an open call for artist residencies at WASP for performance arts, contemporary dance, film, new-media for artists living and working in Norway, Iceland and Romania.
Open Call / FOREIGN BODIES Residencies in Bucharest
Disciplines: performance arts, contemporary dance, film, new-media
Location: WASP – Working Art Space and Production, Bucharest, Romania
Deadline: August 23, 2015
Duration: September 6 – September 20, 2015 / October 5 – October 18, 2015
Eligibility: Artists living and working in Romania, Norway, Iceland.
Guidelines and requirements:
- We are interested in proposals of innovative concepts to outreach new audiences and connect with local communities.
- We are interested in proposals which put in discussion the main concepts of the project: “foreign bodies”, “periphery” and “dialogue”.
- The residency has to include at least one public presentation, but the artists will be encouraged to have any kind of public intervention in outdoor spaces, opened rehearsals, artist talks, conferences and public debates at WASP – Working Art Space and Production.
- During the residency, artists from Norwegia and Iceland will collaborate with artists from Romania. The application can be individual or can consider, from the beginning, a mixed team with artists from any of the three countries.
- The organizers reserve the right to change the period of the residency, in accordance with the availability of the space and the schedule of the selected artists.
Support: Travel, accommodation and per diem costs will be supported by 4Culture. During the 15 days residency the artists will benefit of shared studio rehearsal time 4h/day and technical equipment in the limit of availability. WASP – Working Art Space and Production has the necessary technical facilities to support public presentations and discussions, with professional staff, lights and sound equipment.
How to apply?
Send the CV-s of the proposed team and a short description of the project to firstname.lastname@example.org until August 23, 2015. Also, please include in the text of the mail your choice/priority regarding the period of the residency.
Project Description:Foreign Bodies is a project initiated by 4Culture Association in cooperation with Stiftelsen WEE-Scavetta/Kipperberg Foundation (Norway) and Reykjavik Dance Festival (Iceland) which takes place between December 2014 – April 2016 in Bucharest/RO, Oslo/NO and Reykjavik/IS and includes workshops, coaching projects, conferences, residencies, productions and presentations of dance and film. The project is developed around the concepts of ‘foreign body’ and ‘periphery’ and arises from the partners strong intentions to contribute with their international expertise to an enhance of artistic mobility in a context in which migration it’s seen as an important phenomenon of the society. The concept of ‘periphery’ is seen from the project’s perspective, both geographically and economically, through the influence that it has on the development of certain groups within the society, and also their access to education and culture.
More about the project:
A project supported by a grant from Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and the Romanian Government, in the frame of the Promotion of Diversity in Culture and Arts within European Cultural Heritage Program, with the support of EEA Grants and Romanian Government.
WASP working art space and production & 4Culture Association
Ion Minulescu Street, no. 67 – 93
Flaros Factory, building E, 2nd floor