Nordic cultural contact is an official Nordic cultural institution in Helsinki with operations throughout the Nordic region. We promote, strengthen and tell about Nordic cultural cooperation with the vision that everyone should be able to participate in cultural and social life on equal terms.
We are now looking for a CULTURAL PRODUCER
to our meeting place team responsible for producing and conducting events and activities in Helsinki and the rest of Finland. Together with the team, you are responsible for ensuring that Nordic cultural contact with our vision as a basis offers a good, relevant and inspiring program that profiles Nordic culture, cultural policy and the Nordic region in Helsinki and Finland. You know the Nordic countries well and have experience of working with Nordic issues. The versatile tasks are organized within the team with a shared responsibility for the execution. A good collaboration and communication ability is a prerequisite, also in the dialogue with our external partners at local, national and Nordic level. Work on evenings and weekends occurs.
The tasks include:
- Planning of programs in collaboration with the meeting place team
- Production and coordination of cultural events, exhibitions and seminars – even arrangements with a broader social perspective can occur
- Collaboration with other institutions or parties that are important to the business.
We expect you to have:
- a diverse work experience, including organizing cultural events, seminars and conferences
- relevant university / university education in art, cultural production or similar subjects
- experience and interest in Nordic co-operation
- experience in coordination, coordination, project administration and budget management
- good knowledge of and networks in the Finnish and Nordic cultural life
- a solution-oriented and flexible working method
- good ability to express yourself in speech and writing
- good ability to meet different people and unobstructed public appearance
- excellent knowledge of a Scandinavian language and English. Knowledge in Finnish is an advantage
- good knowledge of Nordic cultural policy, the importance of equal access to culture and the conditions of cultural creators
- experience of strategic development work is merit as well as experience of working against under-represented groups. We value norm breakers and the ability to introduce new perspectives on Nordic cultural cooperation.
We offer you: An interesting and varied work in a Nordic institution. Employees who are recruited from another Nordic country will be paid the transfer and an establishment grant as well as salary supplements according to the Nordic Council of Ministers rules. Access to a 2-room apartment located in Suomenlinna is available. We offer a 4-year full-time work contract with the possibility of an extension for another 4 years. Nordic cultural contact has two offices in Helsinki, one in Suomenlinna and one in the center. Your workplace will mainly be on Kajsaniemigatan in central Helsinki.
Application: We will have your application with the attached CV and salary claims no later than 25.8.2019 (note that the application portal closes at midnight Danish time.) Write your application in Swedish, Danish or Norwegian. The applications are processed continuously. Access 1.10 or by arrangement.
For more information: Questions regarding the content, conditions and working conditions of the work will be answered by Director Ola Kellgren, tel.
See also www.nordiskkulturkontakt.org