THE FORMA VIVA INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM OF SCULPTORS 2019
Božidar Jakac Art Museum invites sculptors to apply for the Forma Viva International Symposium of Sculptors 2019. The Symosium will be held between 1th and 27th of July 2019 in Kostanjevica na Krki, Slovenia. Application deadline is the on 17th of March 2019.
Organizer: the Božidar Jakac Art Musem Kostanjevica na Krki, Slovenia
Participants: three sculptors, selected on the basis of received applications or the organizer’s invitation
Date: 01. – 27. 07. 2019.
Material: mostly oak wood, cca. 3m3 in one or several pieces, ø of 50 – 100 cm.
Location: the Božidar Jakac Art Museum
Exhibition site: the Sculpture Park in the immediate vicinity of the Božidar Jakac Art Museum; place chosen by the organizer on the basis of an expert consultation with the author.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• provides basic tools (chain saws, smaller tools and machines for the transport of materials) and help for difficult physical tasks, electricity and electrical connection, the base for the
sculpture, help in setting up the sculpture, protective impregnation for the sculpture,
• covers the costs of accommodation and meal expenses for the duration of symposium (full board) in the town of symposium and provides non-alcoholic beverages at the site,
• ensures the promotion of symposium, press coverage (articles and announcements in the printed media, TV, social networks and the web page of the Božidar Jakac Art Museum),
public presentation at the end of symposium and the presentation in the catalogues of the Forma Viva International Symposium of Sculptors,
• ensures the royalties in the sum of € 2,000 (net income) sent to participants’ bank account after the conclusion of the symposium. In addition to covering the accommodation costs,
the organizer also covers the payment of all related taxes (income tax, social funds).
The applicants for participation are expected to:
• have experience in wood sculpturing,
• work independently in open space,
• ensure independent settlement of the health and accident insurance,
• acquaint themselves with the regulations of the symposium,
• inform the organizer about any special needs, requirements and preferences, which may sinificantly affect the course of symposium or organizers’ expectations,
• cover their travel costs.
The applications for participation, together with the CV, description of the conceptual design for the sculpture, sketches or photographs of a model of the sculpture, must be submitted
until 17. 03. 2019; either sent on the address: Galerija Božidar Jakac, Grajska cesta 45, 8311 Kostanjevica na Krki, Slovenia, EU or sent via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The selected applicants will be notified about participation not later than 22. 04. 2019.
• A curriculum vitae
• Description of the concept of design for the sculpture (maximum one A4 page of text)
• The sketches, drafts or photos of a model for the sculpture
• The completed application form
OPEN CALL AND APPLICATION FORM (Dropbox)
OPEN CALL AND APPLICATION FORM (Scribd)