|Only 4 days left to submit your application for
Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018.Online applications will close this Sunday 6 August at Midnight
All hardcopy applications posted to us need to be postmarked by 5pm, Friday 4 August
|Artist Support and Subsidies
Each year the Sculpture by the Sea team work hard to generate
artist awards and subsidies for the exhibiting artists.
Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018 artist support and subsidies will include:
- The Rio Tinto Acquisitive Sculpture Prize of $50,000
- The Rio Tinto Western Australian Emerging Artist Mentorship of $10,000
- The Rio Tinto Sculpture Inside Award of $5,000
- Three site specific artist subsidies for new and innovative works of up to $10,000 each with thanks to the Australia Council
- The Western Australia Sculptor Scholarship of $10,000 with thanks to Gavin Bunning and Julienne Penny
- The $5,000 Andrea Stretton Memorial Invitation to exhibit at Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2018
- The EY People’s Choice prize of $5,000
- The Kid’s Choice prize of $2,000 with thanks to Rebel Penfold-Russell
- Install and de-install site crew and heavy equipment assistance for all artists
- Aluminium material for some Western Australian artists sponsored by Alcoa
Announcing the Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018 Curatorial Panel:
Amy Barrett-Lennard – Director, Perth Institute of Contemporary Art
Geoffrey Edwards – Former Director, Geelong Gallery & former Senior Curator Sculpture & Glass, National Gallery of Victoria
Dr Nien Schwarz – Artist & Senior Lecturer, School of Communications and Arts, Edith Cowan University
Gavin Younge – Sculptor & Emeritus Professor Michaelis School of Fine Art, University of Cape Town
All types, forms and sizes of sculpture, in all materials, are eligible for entry, and submissions are open to emerging and experienced artists alike.
When making your submission, please include all the requested information including materials such as your CV and images of other work you have produced to support your application. It can be difficult for the Curatorial Panel to assess your submission if your ideas are not clearly and succinctly expressed.
|Before you start your application click button to review and retain Terms & Conditions of entry.
We’re here to help!
If you have any questions please contact:
Greg Clennar Exhibition Coordinator
t: +(61 2) 8399 0233