Submissions for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018 now open!
Dear Galleries, Universities and Arts Organisations
We are writing to invite your artists to submit an application for the 14th annual Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe which is being held from 2 – 19 March 2018.
Before beginning your application please retain a copy of our Terms and Conditions which can be found here
To begin your online application please click here. The deadline for online applications is Midnight, Sunday 6 August
To apply via post:
Please find a copy of the Cottesloe 2018 application form here. Please send all hard copy applications to PO Box 300, Surry Hills, NSW 2010. The deadline for applications sent by post is 5pm, Friday 4 August
Artist support and subsidies for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018 will include:
- The Rio Tinto Sculpture Prize of $50,000
- Three site specific artist subsidies of up to $10,000 each
- WA Sculptor Scholarship worth $10,000 for W.A artists
- The Rio Tinto Emerging Sculptor Mentorship of $10,000
- Install and de-install Site Crew and heavy equipment assistance for all artists
- Aluminium as a material for some Western Australian artists sponsored by Alcoa
- The $5,000 Andrea Stretton Memorial Invitation to exhibit at Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2018
- The EY People’s Choice prize of $5,000
- The Kid’s Choice prize of $2,000
In submitting your entry to Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018 please note:
- Artists must be accepted into the outdoor exhibition before they can make a submission to exhibit at Sculpture Inside
- It can be difficult for the curatorial panel to assess your submission if you do not express your ideas clearly and succinctly with all the requested information and;
- Provide supporting material including your CV and images of similar previous works.
If you or any artists have any questions regarding the enclosed information please contact Greg Clennar, Exhibition Coordinator on +(61 2) 8399 0233 or email@example.com
Please share this email around, post on relevant notice boards and distribute through your networks.
We look forward to receiving your submission for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018.
Founding Director AM